Aptar’s History of Innovation
Aptar’s history of innovation has helped make it a global leader in drug and consumer product dosing, dispensing and protection technologies.
Adapting to Make Your Life Better
Aptar is built on a lifetime of adapting solutions and changing the future. Our products and solutions transform end-markets, revolutionize categories and enhance the lives of millions of people around the globe through
We may be known for our molding technologies, but it’s our ability to mold and maintain long-term relationships with the world’s leading brands that makes us special.
This legacy underlies a distinctive corporate culture strengthened by strong leadership, unique team-members and dedicated share-holders that all believe in Aptar’s purpose: Transforming ideas into solutions that improve everyday life.
What started out as three entrepreneurs from the U.S., Germany and France has evolved into a company that spans the globe.
This same entrepreneurial spirit can be found everyday through our commitment to sustainability and innovation. Watch our video below to learn more.
A Look Back
Take a look into the Aptar legacy, from the early days of our founding companies, to the year we became an independent company trading on the New York Stock Exchange, to the innovative packaging and drug delivery solutions leader that we are today.
1940 - 1960
- Our founding companies started in the US, France and Germany
1960 - 1980
- Acquired by the Pittway Corporation
- Started manufacturing spray valves and pumps
1980 - 2000
- Started molding dispensing closures
- Aptar becomes a publicly traded company in the New York Stock Exchange, 1993
2000 - Today
- $3.5 billion in revenue with over 13,000 employees in 20 different countries
- One of Barron’s Top 100 Most Sustainable Companies in America
- One of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies
- Among Top 15 of the ‘World’s Top Companies for Women 2023’ by Forbes.
- 3BL Media’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens, 2023
Latest from Aptar
See Aptar Pharma drug delivery device portfolio at Pharmapack 2018
Events, Pharmaceutical, Device Innovations, Market Insights, Product Solutions, Innovation & Insights
AptarGroup Announces Quarterly Conference Call and Annual Meeting Information
Press Releases, Financial News
Aptar Beauty + Home: A Custom Partner for IOMA’s Personalized Cosmetics
Press Releases, Beauty, Product Solutions
Innovative New Packaging for Clarins Double Serum
Press Releases, Beauty, Innovation & Insights, Device Innovations, Product Solutions