In this course the speakers will:
- Highlight the complexities of biologic drug delivery within the context of the nasal route notably the need to control pharmacokinetics (PK); ensure stability; target the drug; reduce immunogenicity; and establish a robust manufacturing route.
- Explore formulation topics such as the importance and relevance of physicochemical properties and stability; fundamental suitability for nasal delivery; mucoadhesiveness, solubility and permeation; and nanoparticulate carrier systems.
- Discuss the relative merits of liquid and powder formulations along with device selection criteria and options for each; device solutions for pre-clinical trials; the importance of effective patient training and onboarding; and how digital technology can help.
- Consider how to prepare for a clinical trial highlighting issues to address in schedule planning; locking down the formulation; drug manufacture; drug product release testing; stability studies; and with regulatory requirements.
Learn from leading experts about the potential, the challenges, and the progress in this exciting area of drug development.
Our panel of speakers is shown below:
- Dr Jag Shur, VP Science & Technology, Nanopharm, an Aptar Pharma company
- Dr Irene Rossi, Head of New Modalities Pharmaceutical Development, Nanopharm, an Aptar Pharma company
- Dr Julie Suman, Vice President Scientific Affairs, Aptar Pharma
- Dr Paul Shields, CEO, Enteris Biopharma Inc.