Aptar performed well in the Sustainability category, with products winning three of the five recognitions.
Aptar Beauty + Home was recognized for their partnership with beauty and skincare brand, Dermalogica®, on the fully recyclable mono-material pump, Future.
Aptar Food + Beverage was recognized for both SLIDE, a liner-free closure, and SimpliCycle™, a fully recyclable flow control valve. Products in this category must be designed to reduce environmental impact, contain reusable, recyclable, or eco-friendly packaging materials, or evaluate efficient energy usage/recycling efforts.
In the Cosmetics category, Aptar’s beauty business, FusionPKG, was awarded for its patent-pending Repeat Refillable Airless package that allows consumers to change and replace the product without compromising the formula, provides a new pump engine at every refill and is designed for recycling compatibility with next-gen airless technology.
“Beth Holland, Vice President, Aptar Global Sustainability, shared, “Our approach at Aptar is to collaborate, alongside our customers and suppliers, towards individual and shared goals. These innovative products, recognized by the IOPP, are a feel examples of our progress towards a more circular plastics economy.”
The AmeriStar awards are presented on behalf of the Institute of Packaging Professionals which aims to create networking and educational opportunities for all individuals involved across the packaging value chain. The 2022 Awards were evaluated by 21 judges from various packaging industry segments and examined each entry for product protection, packaging innovation, performance, economics, marketing and environmental impact. In total there were 19 professional categories, student awards, and a Best in Show award. All award recipients receive eligibility to submit for the 2022 WorldStar Packaging Award competition.
Learn More About the Products Recognized:
Future is a mono-material and e-commerce capable dispensing pump, that when paired with an PET or PET, creates a fully-recyclable package. It also features a unique lock/unlocking ring to minimize the risk of leakage while in transit, and a free-spinning 360° actuator which helps to eliminate breakage.
Future has received multiple sustainable industry certifications & recognitions, including:
- Certified by Cyclos-HTP, the Institute for Recyclability and Product Responsibility
- Meets the Association of Plastics Recyclers Preferred Guidance Program Requirements
- Recognized “A” by RecyClass
- Finalist in the Product Technology Innovation Category of Plastics Recycling Awards Europe
- Finalist in the E-Commerce Category of the Packaging Europe Sustainability Awards
Repeat Refillable Airless by FusionPKG is an air-tight, contamination-free product refill experience meets recycling compatibility in our Repeat package. This patent-pending innovation features a unique locking mechanism that perfectly orients outer and inner decoration and includes are next-gen airless pump engine with an all-plastic spring.
Key product highlights include:
- Repeat Refillable Airless Pump Meets the Association of Plastics Recyclers Preferred Guidance Program Requirements
- 2022 CosmoPack Awards Finalist
SimpliCycle™ is a fully recyclable flow control valve that maintains the same advantages as Aptar’s standard and Swimming® Silicone valves, including high repeatable performance and versatility to fit a wide variety of applications for food, beverage, and other product applications around the world.
SimpliCycle has received multiple sustainability awards and recognitions, including:
- Awarded Best CSR/Sustainability Initiative in 2021 by World Food Innovation Awards
- Received 2022 WorldStar Global Packaging Award for packaging innovation
- Meets the Association of Plastics Recyclers Critical Guidance Program Requirements
Slide is a liner-free dispensing flip-top closure that eliminates foil liner waste and removal frustration for the end consumer. When paired with the award-winning SimpliCycle flow control valve, Slide delivers brand owners and end consumers with the highest level of performance, convenience, and sustainability.
Key product benefits include:
- Convenient – Immediate product access eliminating the frustrating liner removal process
- Tamper Evident – Non-detachable, visible, audible, patented and tactile tamper evident systems
- E-Commerce Capable – Designed to not open or unthread during transportation*
*Full package needs to pass ISTA-6 protocol to be approved for e-commerce